ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Finding your feet in the private rental market can be difficult, especially for those who have just left home and are now searching for a new tenancy. Keys2Renting is a 3 hour face to face course designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to obtain and sustain a private rental property, particularly for those who have had little experience in the private rental market.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE
The short (3 hour program) covers a range of topics including:
- Tenant rights & responsibilities
- Financial support to initiate and sustain a tenancy
- How and where to apply for a tenancy
- Property maintenance during a tenancy
- Maintaining relationships with neighbours and real estate agents
- How to end a tenancy
As a younger person, it can be tough to enter into the private rental market, due to not having a rental reference. This is where the Keys2Renting course can help! Every participant receives a certificate stating they have completed the course and some of the real estate agents in the area are happy to use the course completion certificate in place of a rent reference.