HOW DO I REQUEST MAINTENANCE FOR MY PROPERTY?
If you are a tenant of Southern Cross Housing, you can request property maintenance in one of the following ways.
- by calling 1300 757 885,
- in person by visiting one of our offices located in Nowra, Bomaderry, Batemans Bay, Ulladulla, Bega and Cooma,
- by writing to us at P.O. Box 2351 Bomaderry. NSW 2541, or
- by completing an online maintenance request below
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN AN EMERGENCY?
If you have an emergency such as a fire please call emergency services on 000 in the first instance.
In any property repair emergencies (such as damage caused by a weather event), please call 1300 757 885. If you are calling outside of our normal business hours, you will be connected to our emergency after-hours service which will assist you with your call.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the terms listed in your signed Tenancy Agreement, you are entitled to call a tradesperson to action emergency repairs (please see your Tenancy Agreement for examples of emergency repairs), however you will have to pay the tradesperson upfront, and will be reimbursed by SCH (for approved cases only). The maximum cost for this service should be no more than $1,000.00.
A good indication to know if the repairs are classified as emergency is, if the repairs can wait and pose no danger to life or property, and you can safely utilise all necessary amenities within your home, then it is not considered to be an emergency.
For more examples, see the table below which includes the maximum response times for each repair classification.
MAINTENANCE RESPONSE TIMES
|TYPE OF REPAIR||EXAMPLES||RESPONSE TIME|
|Emergency Repairs (make safe)||• Burst water service |
• Blocked toilet system
• Serious roof leak
• Gas leak
• Dangerous electrical fault
• Flooding or serious flood damage
• Serious storm or fire damage
• Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
• Any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or not secure
|Emergency Repairs||• Failure of essential service for hot water, cooking, heating or laundering||24 hours|
|Urgent Repairs||• Electrical (non-emergency) |
• Heating/cooling (non-emergency)
|Routine Maintenance||• All other maintenance requests||28 days|