RENT TO US
Southern Cross aims to make management agreements mutually beneficial. We can confirm the following benefits to our landlords are made available through this arrangement.
- Handing the rented property back to you at the end of the tenancy in the same condition as we receive it (aside from fair wear and tear)
- All tenancy matters are managed by Southern Cross Housing. We are the tenant in this agreement and all communications regarding the tenancy are directed through us and our skilled team of Housing and Property Officers.
- Rent will be paid to you at the end of each month, in advance during the agreement. This happens each month whether we have the property tenanted or not which guarantees 365 days per year of rental income to our landlords with no risk of vacant periods or being impacted by a tenant’s inability to pay rent due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We will only charge a single management fee (9% of rent + GST) which we will deduct from your monthly payments. This fee enables us to continue to assist the neediest in our communities as all profits are invested back into housing.
- Southern Cross Housing is a registered tier 1 Community Housing provider and not-for-profit organisation.
- We will at your request keep on top of your legislated compliance requirements, such as arranging for annual smoke alarm compliance checks.
RENTAL PROPERTIES NEEDED
Southern Cross is looking for rental properties across the Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla, Snowy Monaro, and Bega local council areas. If you’re a landlord or real estate agent with a property to rent, we would love to hear from you. We can manage your property in conjunction with a lease under the Residential Tenancies Act 2010. Your lease will be with Southern Cross Housing as the tenant, and we will sub-let and fully manage the tenancies of people who are currently awaiting social housing.
ABOUT THE LEASEHOLD PROGRAM
Southern Cross Housing is a registered Tier 1 Community Housing Provider and has been successfully subletting rental properties in South East NSW since 1983. We can provide you with the stability of a long-term tenancy and guarantee you regular monthly advance payment of rent for the duration of the agreement. Choosing to lease your property to a registered community housing provider removes any risk of rental arrears or occupancy gaps for you meaning, you can feel secure in your investment.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR PROPERTY
Our Housing Officers undertake rigorous supervision of eligible tenants that we sublet properties to, including ongoing phone support and regular routine property inspections in accordance with the residential tenancies Act 2010. Sub-Leases are managed in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and Community Housing Guidelines.
At the end of our tenancy, we will manage the handback process and ensure the property is returned to you in the same condition (aside from fair wear and tear) as stated on the initial property condition report. We have an extensive list of trade-certified and licensed contractors at our disposal to ensure a high standard of work is performed on your property.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can I expect from the process of entering into a management agreement with Southern Cross Housing?
- One of our officers will visit the property to check if it meets all our asset standards, compliance and safety requirements including smoke alarms. If they have any concerns, they will make suggestions as to what can be done to bring the property to standard or ensure compliance from the outset
- If the property meets asset standards or there is a plan in place to do so & parties wish to proceed, the lease and management agreement are signed. Southern Cross Housing will prepare these documents.
- Initial property condition report is completed by a Southern Cross Housing Officer and provided to the landlord to sign in agreeance
- Landlord provides Southern Cross with current building insurance, public liability certificate of currency and landlord insurance details.
- Southern Cross Housing can provide the landlord with a letter of guarantee which we offer in lieu of a bond lodged with the rental bond board.
- Rent will be paid from lease start date with a minimum of one month’s advance rent.
- Landlord will be asked to confirmif they want Southern Cross Housing to arrange for annual smoke alarms compliance in accordance with the Residential tenancies act
Is Southern Cross housing a licenced real estate agent?
Will I be able to screen prospective tenants before they are allocated to live in my investment property?
Who do tenants report maintenance to if something goes wrong in my property?
I want to increase the rent on my property, what is the process for doing this?
How is my monthly rent calculated?
Less management fee = Monthly rent *0.09 * 1.1 (9% + GST)