SCH JUNE STEVENS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Southern Cross Housing (SCH) June Steven’s Scholarship Program provides support to our tenants who are studying by assisting with the cost of education, sporting activities or special interests like cultural learning and arts that help them achieve their full potential. The program supports Primary and High School students and tenants that are studying at TAFE or University.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
The maximum amount residents can apply for depends on the applicants school level (see below).
- Primary School up to $400.00
- High School or TAFE up to $800.00
- University up to$1,200.00
WHAT CAN THE SCHOLARSHIP BE USED FOR?
Funding can be used to pay for things such as:
- Course fees, for example TAFE or university
- Textbooks, workbooks, study guides
- Computer equipment
- Sports kit/ equipment
- Special equipment
- Specialist skills development e.g. writing courses or football academies
- Outside-of-school activities such as sports or playing an instrument
- Courses in arts, crafts and other areas of interest for adults
- Courses in employment related skills for example, driving lessons
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a current tenant of Southern Cross Housing living in a Social Housing property that is managed by Southern Cross Housing, (not living in an Affordable Housing) and/or be eligible for Social Housing
- Receiving support services from at least one of the following organisations and live in either the Eurobodalla, Shoalhaven, Bega Valley and Snowy Monaro Local Government Area’s (LGA’S):
– The Disability Trust
– Southern Youth & Family Services
– Supported Accommodation & Homelessness Services Shoalhaven – Illawarra
– St Vincent De Paul
– Uniting Care
HOW DO I APPLY?
Have completed and submitted a feedback form if you have previously received funds under the program.
- Simply fill in an application form found here on our website or pick up a form from one of our offices in Nowra, Ulladulla, Batemans Bay, Bega, or Cooma. You can also call the office to have an application form mailed to you.
- You will need to send in documents to support your application. This might include a course acceptance letter, a copy of course fees, and quotes for all requested items.
- Supporting information is important and helps our assessment panel to better understand how the scholarship could help you to achieve your goals.
All supporting documentation, including quotes and invoices, must be submitted for your application to be successful.
A copy of our SCH Scholarship Policy can be viewed using the following link.
Once the Scholarship program has closed and you have received your approved items. It is a requirement for all successful scholarship recipients that they submit a feedback form to Southern Cross Housing. This feedback form will be provided to you if you are offered a scholarship.