Have you ever wanted to improve your reading, writing and or digital literacy? Southern Cross Housing in partnership with the Shoalhaven/Kiama Community College is offering an exclusive opportunity for SCH tenants to gain key skills in reading, writing and digital literacy.
This course has been designed for individuals to connect with others and learn how to safely access online documents, use Smart phone Apps and build upon essential employability skills of reading and writing.
On successful completion, participants will receive a statement of attainment from Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways in the following units:
- Use digital technology for routine and simple workplace tasks
- Read and respond to simple and familiar workplace procedures
- Write simple workplace formatted texts
Participants will also receive a certificate of participation in the following non-accredited units:
- Accessing and completing important information and documentation required by SCH, Centrelink and My Gov
- Understanding identity theft and technology
- Knowledge of punctuation and grammar
The course starts on the 24th October 2023 and finishes on the 5th December 2023. It will be held at Bridgeton House in Berry Street, Nowra. Classes will be held on a Tuesday from 9.30am – 2.30pm.
If you are aged 15+ (out of school), live in a SCH property and need support with literacy and numeracy this course is for you!
For more information or to enrol please phone the Communities Assist Team on 1300 757 885.